What a difference a day makes eh….or should that be blog.
This time last week we were still planning out our imminent departure from Englands green and pleasant lands to head back across to Europe and down to the sun.
Now, we have put all our plans on hold and are watching on a daily basis to see what ‘measures’ are being brought in to limit our movements.
We have no choice but to ride out the storm, and so are prepared to do just that – and no I haven’t panic brought a zillion toilet rolls and a tonne of pasta…..Thankfully most of the food that I prefer to eat is still sat on the shelves so am not overly concerned about running out.
At times like these it is more important than ever to look after our own health. Hiding away may well stop you from catching this virus, but there will always be another just behind it.
Better to know that your health is up to taking a knock or too and that your immune system is fully fired up to kick any virus into orbit that may come your way.
How do you do that?
- Well, think about what you are eating. Is it clean, wholefood – and by that I mean is it fruit, veggies, fish, meat, nuts, seeds, foods that are not made in factories and full of weird sounding ingredients and flavourings.
- Eat all the colours of a rainbow in terms of fruits and vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Get some exercise.
- Get out in the fresh air.
- Breath – long deep inhales and exhales.
- STOP looking at social media – most of what you read is not fact, and its simply fanning the panic.
This virus will pass, and hopefully life will get back to normal soon. In the meantime, take the time that you are spending on ‘lockdown’ to think about what changes you could potentially make to your health to improve it.
Take the time to instigate a new exercise regimme or way of eating. Do some research, educate yourself on what we should be eating as a species and not what food manufacturers want us to eat.
Its your body so do what you can to make it strong and healthy.